Monday 21 May 2012

Monday Inspiration - Red Velvet

My name is Bakebakegirl and I own a lot of cook books...... ;o)

I have been enjoying sharing my tried, tested and tweeked recipes with you so far but I soon realised that my blog wouldn't last for many weeks before I ran out of my adapted recipes....I will do some savoury recipes too but I have decided that I will also blog when I try out new recipes from my many, many books.

As I am taking a recipe straight from a book and therefore I can't blog it I called this post "Inspiration".   I was thinking that these posts might inspire you to find a recipe for whatever I am trying out, in this case Red Velvet. 


I love Marian Keyes,  I have all her novels so when I heard she was bringing out a baking book I hinted heavily and received a copy for Mothers Day.   Saved by cake didn't disappoint - it is a great read - in short it describes how Marian suffers from depression but the methodical ways of baking helps her.  Have a look at her website, she has some little videos on there http://www.mariankeyes.com/Home  - I now say "cookie cutter" with an Irish Accent!

I have made several of her bakes already but today I made her Red Velvet Cupcakes - my first ever attempt. These ones have a Philadelphia mixture through them.

It did seem to be the recipe of many bowls (Minibakebakegirl enjoyed licking the chocolate and philadelphia ones clean!) 



Also they didn't come out red at all (I used Dr Oetker red food gel), next time I will add more colouring  but they were delicious and I loved the marble effect with the Philadelphia.


Thank you for the lovely comments about my blog, I am so pleased that people have been trying my recipes and sending me photos of their cakes.   I plan to do an update post at some point so tweet me a picture if you have made one of my recipes and I will include it.

Also tweet me a picture if you make any red velvet cakes - hopefully they turn out more red than mine!

Bakebakegirl

Todays Top Three Random Ipod Songs (first two were sung quite loudly!)

1. The Phantom of The Opera - Sarah Brightman & Steve Harley
2. Jolene - Dolly Parton
3. Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's

No comments:

Post a Comment