Monday 21 April 2014

Monday Bake - Carrot Cake

Last Monday Minibakebakegirl and I went shopping to Westfield Stratford City. This is one of the largest urban shopping centres in Europe and it is indeed massive!  We shopped till we dropped (out of all the items purchased, none were for me!)

We popped over the road to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.  It seems hard to believe that we were here for the Paralympics nearly two years ago.








We had a lovely sit down on the wooden loungers and watched the world go by.



We then went to check out the Orbit - think we will do this when my sister is down in the summer.

We got the DLR back into central London and then a bus to Selfridges - I love sitting at the front on the top deck of a London bus - there is so much to see - like the beautiful St Pauls Cathedral.  

Yesterday was such a miserable day here.  In the afternoon I made a wee foxy cross stitch.



Today I made a carrot cake which I haven't made for a while. This is a Rachel Allen recipe from her Cake book. It's very similar to the one from her Bake book I made here.  I prefer the simpler icing in today#s receipe but I didn't put the orange zest in today.  I also substituted the nuts for raisins and added some Mini Eggs as decoration.






Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three songs:

1. Whole of the Moon - Waterboys
2. Wouldn't It Be Good - Nik Kershaw
3. Babooshka - Kate Bush

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you did a big shopping trip, like the look of your cake.

    ReplyDelete