Monday, 28 April 2014

Monday Bake - Shortbread Rounds


Last Friday I received the most exciting post - I had won a giveaway on the lovely Silverpebble's blog - a stunning silver cornflower necklace.  Having been to one of Emma's silver clay classes, with my TwitKnit friends last April, I can see how much work has gone into this gorgeous piece of jewellery - I will wear it with pride - I do keep admiring it in the mirror!  If you are able to go to one of her classes I highly recommend it, it is amazing watching your little handmade pieces go from clay to silver, like magic!


I have made Sophie Dahl's Lemon Mousse a few times and for Sunday pudding this week I thought I would make shortbread biscuits to go with it.  The recipe I use is from her book Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights - this is a very similar recipe here. 


BestFriend had told me she had made James Martin's shortbread previously.  It is really easy to make whizzing everything together in a food processor and then baking it in a muffin tin.  This is a really "short" shortbread - not surprising due to the amount of butter it contains! - but it is very good - everybody agreed.

Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three radio songs:

1. Careless Memories - Duran Duran
2. I Don't Want A Lover - Texas
3. Loser - Beck

1 comment:

  1. That necklace is gorgeous! Lovely recipes... I've never made shortbread before, so I must give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete