Monday 20 August 2012

Monday Review - Edinburgh Part 1

Minibakebakegirl and I are currently in Edinburgh staying with Sister and Family so no baking (by me) this week.  Sister made some lovely banana traybake - another great recipe to use up brown bananas and I plan on pinching the recipe.  

At the weekend we stayed with BestFriend. Minibakebakegirl gets on really well with BFDaughter so it means we can have a proper catch up.   BFHubby cooked us a lovely chicken curry on Friday night, then we watched Ghost Ship with a very young looking Quinn from Dexter.  We also watched the original Fright Night.  We watched this several times when we were teenagers and I was a bit worried it wouldn't be like we remembered, however, we both enjoyed it!  I think I will watch the remake (purely because David Tennant is in it!) 

On Saturday afternoon the girlies headed into town for a bit of shopping and a mooch around the Mound were there are street entertainers.  We watched Mr Spin, who is a unicyling juggler - he was excellent - the last picture shows show him juggling, balancing a glass of water on his head while unicycling.  Quite a few street entertainers seem to waffle and take soooo long to get to the main part of their act, however Mr Spin did several amazing juggling bits and pieces before the main unicyle part.



Best Friend made us pancakes for breakfast on Sunday (yum) and I was honoured to get to use one of her Twilight mugs, she is a huge Edward fan.  I'm more on the Team Jacob side - I seek the heat.  The weekend with BestFriend went very quickly as always and both days BFSon (who is 7) and I had great fun on the trampoline!


Today Sister, BrotherInLaw, Minibakebakegirl and I went for coffee at The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art (Nieces went back to school last week).  We went to Cafe Modern One and sat outside in the garden terrace as it was such a lovely day.  I had a cappuccino and an oat and ginger slice.  It was a flapjack with a very sweet icing (almost like a soft scottish tablet).  It was very good.  Minibakebakegirl had a huge slice of brownie.



Thanks for stopping by, see you next week.

Bakebakegirl

Todays top three SongPop songs:

1. Only Happy When It Rains - Garbage
2. It's Raining Men - The Weather Girls
3. Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles



No comments:

Post a Comment