Monday 27 August 2012

Monday Review - Edinburgh Part 2

We have had another busy week in Edinburgh which included a street magician and a secret shoe shop!

On Tuesday we had lunch at Peter's Yard.  We all had soup, I had the lentil, Sister and Minibakebakegirl had the tomato and wensleydale.  We all got two slices of different bread - I don't know what mine were but they were delicious and so was the soup.  We liked the shape of the soup spoon - is this a swedish soup spoon? 




On Wednesday Sister and I went to see Bob Downe - this was his 16th Fringe - we have seen him a few times and I still find him hilarious!  His facial expressions and dancing are brilliant - plus he has an excellent voice.  After his show he said he would be in the bar so we went to meet him.  Mark Trevorrow seems a lovely guy and was happy to chat to everyone who came up to speak to him.  (I would have liked my picture with Bob Downe too!)

On Thursday I met FriendK for a very late lunch.  As it was such a nice afternoon we went to Cafe Centro in George Street as you can sit outside at the back of the restaurant.  It was lovely to catch up over a few glasses of wine and then she took me to Shhh a new shoe shopping experience. The shoes range from £70 to over a £1000 and they are all by different designers.  We just had a look round but the idea is that you make an appointment to go with a group of friends, drink champagne and try on shoes!


I went out with Best Friend and FriendV on Friday for dinner to Cafe Andaluz.  I probably go to this restaurant at least once a year when I am in Edinburgh and the food is always fantastic.  Afterwards we went to the Spiegel Terrace for a drink and while we were chatting a street magician came and did several different card tricks for us.  He was amazing - making my card disappear from the pack and reappear inside his wallet. His shuffling skills were fascinating and we were all very impressed.   

Once it was dark on Saturday evening we all got in the car to drive to Arthurs Seat to see if we could see Speed of Light.  Sisters friend is taking part in this next week.  We could see it quite well from ground level - the various patterns they were making and the different colours.  I imagine it would be quite chilly up the top if you were taking part and absolutely miserable if it rains! 

See you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Songpop songs:

1. Common People - Pulp
2. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
3.Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen




  

No comments:

Post a Comment