Monday 5 November 2012

Monday Review - Edinburgh

We have had another lovely busy week in Edinburgh.  We stayed with BestFriend at the start of our week away - it now seems like ages ago!  We went to see Hotel Transylvania on Sunday, which was good - not laugh out loud but a enjoyable film.   It has been a week of going to the Cinema as we also went to see Madagascar 3 and Skyfall.   Skyfall was excellent - my favourite Daniel Craig bond film so far.   

We had a very exciting afternoon on Tuesday - Minibakebakegirl and I met a Twitter friend for the first time, @mhairigirl who is a fellow #twitknitclub member. I have tweeted with @mhairigirl for well over a year so it does feel like I know her well, however, it could have been really awkward meeting and not having anything to say but we chatted away over lovely coffee/hot chocolate and cake at Eteaket.  We swapped presents. @mhairigirl gave me a lovely shamballa bracelet that she had made and homemade tablet - yum!  I gave her a little knitted owl I had made (filled with Hitchin Lavender) and a owl mug.  We chatted about our fellow twitknitters and that we hopefully will be able to have a larger meetup - we are all dotted over the country so location could be an issue - but I'm sure we can work something out! 


On Thursday Minibakebakegirl and I went for coffee at Brewlab.  I was intruigued by the coffee lab concept having followed them on Instagram and seen their brewing pictures.  The coffee did not disappoint - delicious and so was the spiced treacle gingerbread cake that I had.  Minibakebakegirl had hot chocolate and a brownie and gave it 9/10!   Their selection of cakes was good - we will definitely go back. 
  



We met Sister in the Grassmarket in the afternoon who whisked us to Victoria Street as they were filming Case Histories.  We walked up and down and eventually saw Jason Issacs at the window - not the best photo but that is him!  When I lived in Edinburgh I worked in the building at the top of Victoria Street that they were filming in.   I'm sure the room he is in was where the IT department was!  Can't wait for the new series to start - I love seeing all the bits of Edinburgh - and of course Jason Issacs who makes a perfect Jackson Brodie.

 
 
 
 
On Saturday we went to Pressmennan Wood - which is a Woodland Trust wood in East Lothian.   It is beautiful with Pressmennan Lake at the bottom which is one of only four true lakes in Scotland, the rest are lochs.   In some of the trees are little windows and doors where the Glingbobs and Tootflits live.  It really is a magical place and so pretty  this weekend with the autumn colours.

 
 
 
 
 
Bakebakegirl

Todays top three radio songs:
1. Forever Autumn - Gary Barlow
2. Candy - Robbie Williams
3. Will you still love me tomorrow - The Shirelles

1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds like you have been really busy, I like the sound of the cake you had. And what a lovely idea to have windows and doors in the trees.

    ReplyDelete