Monday 24 December 2012

Monday Bake - Christmas Biscuits and Cake


Well it's here everyone - happy Christmas Eve.   I like Christmas Eve as much as Christmas Day, sometimes the excitement and anticipation is just as good as what you are waiting for!

This year Minibakebakegirl and I make Star Biscuits as Teacher and Friend gifts.  This was the first time of making biscuit dough in my KitchenAid.  I used a Fiona Cairns recipe.  This dough can be made and kept in the fridge for a few days, good if you don't need lots of biscuits at once.  We made large and small stars with my new cutters.

We decorated them with fondant stars and gold and silver balls . I used Dr Ockters ones as they are soft and you won't break your teeth on them!! For the small ones I used my largest Lakeland star cutter - and a small silver ball. 
 

 
 
This week I iced my Christmas Cake which I made a few weeks ago, I stuck with the star theme and used my new cutters again.   Can't wait to tuck into it!

 
 
 
Everything is ready for tomorrow so time to sit down with a Baileys.  We are about to watch The Snowman and The Snowdog, which has a lot to live up to as we watch The Snowman every year.
 
Merry Christmas, hope Santa is good to you all! 

Bakebakegirl

Todays Top Three Christmas songs:

1. Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
2. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin Stevens
3. Rockin Around The Christmas Tree - Mel and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment