Monday 28 January 2013

Monday Bake - Chocolate Olive Oil Cake


I got Nigellas new book - Nigellissima for christmas.   On the first flick through I spotted this recipe - Chocolate Olive Oil Cake, which looks amazing.  You can find the recipe here.

This is a perfect cake for Cake Club as you can make it gluten free by using ground almonds instead of flour.  What surprised me is that it only uses cocoa powder and not melted chocolate.  Also I have used flavourless oil instead of butter in carrot cake before, but never olive oil - so I was interested to see how it turned out.  




All Cake Club members gave this cake a big thumbs up - a dense, squidgy, chocolatey cake!  We all work in different departments so I love our weekly meet ups at one of the drinks machines to share out our baking creations.  I will start to take pictures of these cakes for a future blog post :o) 

I will be making this cake again to have as a pudding with ice-cream as Nigella suggests.

See you next week,

Bakebakegirl

This weeks top three Top of The Pops 1978 Songs:

1. Uptown Top Ranking - Althea and Donna
2. Sorry I'm a Lady - Baccara
3. Jammin' - Bob Marley and The Wailers

1 comment:

  1. I'm over cake making at the moment have made 6 so far for my Mums 80th, but that dose sound nice.

    ReplyDelete