Monday 4 February 2013

Monday Bake - Sticky Toffee Squares


My theatre trips are usually via work - we get a great discount so this means I go to things I wouldn't normally see, plus we get taken into London and back again by coach - so it's great value.  Last week I went to see Viva Forever.  I had heard so many mixed reviews but I went with an open mind and enjoyed it.  It's like Mamma Mia in that it is a story around the Spice Girls songs, not about the Spice Girls.  Not sure it will be a really long running show but it was fun - the story is ok - a few of the songs they sang a bit too slow at times - I prefer the faster Spice Girls songs.  But at the end they had everyone standing up, bopping along to a few songs.  It was also a great chance to catch up with FriendD.  We started work together 16 years ago, our company split and we now work at different places so don't see each other as often as we would like.  However, we are going to see the Bodyguard later this month so will see her again for another good catch up :o)  We usually get into town to have a bit of a wander around London - its so pretty at night.

Trafalgar Square
China Town
At the weekend we finally tuned in our Playstation2 to the new tv (I say new - we have had it for over a year!) and we dug out my games. Minibakebakegirl has been playing Crash Bandicoot and Croc.  Hours of fun in this basket.



I know I have had a sticky toffee pudding post before but it is one of my favourites. This recipe makes one big cake in a brownie tin. You can find the recipe hereThis is a great recipe as instead of making the Philadelphia icing you can make a toffee sauce and have it as pudding with ice cream.  Either way is good - you could halve the cake and have it both ways over a couple of days!

This is my toffee sauce recipe:

Ingredients:
60g butter
125g soft light brown sugar
150g golden syrup
125ml double cream

Method:
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and melt over a high heat, stirring until all combined.  Boil for 5 minutes. Serve warm.


Thanks for visiting.
Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Spotify Songs:
1. Losing My Religion - R.E.M. 
2. Under The Bridge - Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Dreams - The Cranberries

1 comment: