Monday 11 February 2013

Monday Bake - After Dinner Mint Chocolate Cake




It was my birthday on Friday, I have had a lovely birthday weekend (yes I like to eeeek it out for as long as possible!)  I was thoroughly spoilt and got lots of lovely cards and presents including Rachel Allen's book Cake.  



There are so many lovely cakes in this book, but the first cake I wanted to make was the After Dinner Mint Cake.  The recipe is on the Good Food Website.





When I made the icing instead of adding mint leaves I just added about 6 after eights to the mixture and blended it all together.   I will definitely make this again - I also think it is another cake that would be good warm as a pudding without the icing.




Here's a picture of my yummy Thorntons birthday cake from Hubby and Minibakebakegirl - as the top picture says - it's all about the cake!

See you next week, as it's half term we will be in Edinburgh.

Bakebakegirl


Todays top three Ipod songs:

1. The Name Game - Shirley Ellis
2. Kites - Simon Dupree and The Big Sound
3. Please Please Me - The Beatles

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! That does look so good. A very happy birthday to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good, Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    Adding the after eights instead of mint leaves is a really good idea. I think I might make it for my aunt, the only thing I used to eat at her house was after eights so it will be a nice but funny surprise for her!
    Once again, Happy Birthday and have fun baking from Rachel Allen's book, she is one of my favourite cooks.
    I was actually down in Ballymaloe and met her grandmother in Law; Myrtle Allen, last year. It was really fun seeing the cookery school and looking around the gardens!
    Marian ^_^ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This would be a good cake to make for your Aunt :o) Wow - I would love to see the cookery school - it looks so lovely on tv.

      Delete