Monday 27 May 2013

Monday Bake - Farmhouse Sultana Cake


This weeks recipe comes from this seasons edition of Sweet - the baking magazine from the same people as Mollie Makes.  I really like this magazine - at £7.99 it is slightly expensive (the first one was £7.99 but the last one was £6.99?) I have made several things from the other two plus the articles and pictures can send me off to a cake shop dream world.....heaven.

You can find the recipe here.  The recipe in the magazine stated 170g plain flour and 170g ground almonds.  Which is what I did here.





The smell while baking was really good - I love using mixed spice.  Also this fruit cake is best eaten straight away - no waiting for it to mature.

We packed this cake up as part of our picnic (Minibakebakegirl opted out and had some biscuits instead) and cycled off to have lunch with Hubby at the allotment - a May bank holiday tradition!


He has been busy down there.




I fashioned the bird scarer in the middle picture from some bamboo hoops, twine and old cd's.  Those free cd's from newpapers I have been collecting have finally come in handy!

Hubby said to me we must be getting old as we visited two garden centres this weekend.  We went to Dutch Nursery yesterday in Brookmans Park.  Minibakebakegirl had been here before with TheInlaws, I had never been but I would definitely go back.  It was a nice afternoon out as we also popped in to see TheInlaws on the way. 




Hope you have had a lovely weekend too,
Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Spotify songs:

1. Crash - The Primitives
2. All Star - Smash Mouth
3. Atomic - Blondie

1 comment:

  1. I really like the look of that cake, looks like lots of work has been done.

    ReplyDelete