Monday 17 June 2013

Minibakebakegirl Monday - Cupcakes

Hello fellow bakebakers! It’s Minibakebakegirl here. It’s been a while since I have had a chance to blog, also there has been a lot going on.  Mum had her 2nd sinus operation last Monday night so has been resting, she has stitches in her mouth :o(

From the 2nd- 7th June I went to Snowdonia National Park, North Wales with the rest of my year (and my teachers).  The estate the 38 of us stayed in was called Plas Tan y Bwlch. Originally the Oakeley family owned the Plas and it was theirs from 1789 to 1961.

The outline of our week was –

Sunday- Boring coach journey to Blist Hill then to North Wales.
Monday- Long, tiring walk up Mount Snowdon - amazing view near the top.
Tuesday- Caernarfon castle and Caernarfon town - cool castle.
Wednesday- Moelwyn Mawr and slate mines - fell and cut my leg on a piece of slate!
Thursday- Harlech Castle and THE BEACH - we did a talent show in the evening.
Friday- Visiting Wroxeter on the way home.

My favourite part of the week was obviously Harlech beach!  We played in the sand dunes and made sand sculptures.  We also created a ‘Harlech Shake’ which we all wanted to do! I thoroughly enjoyed our week together.

Today years 5 and 6 at my school held a coffee morning to raise money for Compassion because we sponsor a child in Africa. So I made some cakes! Here is what they look like.  We raised £460!




Hope to write again soon. Minibakebakegirl,

3 most listened to songs this week:

1. Wild - Jessie J
2. Laura Palmer - Bastille
3. Young Volcanoes- Fall Out Boy


P.S. We  will upload my photos from the trip when we can get them downloaded - silly camera....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time at camp, and those cakes look amazing. Hope mum is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete