Monday 10 June 2013

Monday Inspiration - Rhubarb Cornmeal Cake


Another beautifully sunny week here.  Last week in our veg box we got a bunch of rhubarb.  I would normally just make crumble with it but I decided to seek out a cake recipe for cake club.  In Nigella's "How to Be A Domestic Goddess" I found a recipe for Rhubarb Cornmeal Cake. I just replaced the flour with Doves Farm gluten free flour.  

Now peeps, this gets me to a wee blogging dilemma I have....this recipe isn't on Nigella's website for me to put a link to it on here.   When I searched the internet several people have blogged it - the ones I've looked at have stated it is a Nigella recipe but are there rules about this - is this allowed?   I have blogged recipes from magazines before - stating my source but these are usually from free supermarket or Sunday paper magazines - I feel that if a recipe is from a book this is different and I shouldn't be blogging it, hence why I call these posts "Inspiration" so you can find your own rhubarb recipes.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this or where I can find the bloggers rule book!


I watched the last episode of Case Histories today.  I enjoyed Kate Atkinson's books and have enjoyed watching this.  Edinburgh looks lovely, as always, and I enjoy trying to work out where all the bits are filmed.   Last October, Sister, Minibakebakegirl and I watched them filming - we hung around long enough to spot Jason Isaacs at the window.  Watching today I worked out the bit we saw him at the window, reading what he'd printed off! 



Hubby has planted some rhubarb down at the allotment, so I'll look forward to looking for more rhubarb cake recipes.

Today's Spotify Songs:

1. You Surround Me - Erasure
2. I've Been Losing You - a-ha
3. All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

1 comment:

  1. Sound good, I don't know about it all but I think if you change the wording it ok to use it and name the source?

    ReplyDelete