Monday 5 August 2013

Monday Inspiration - Ice Cream Cupcakes


Yesterday we went to St Albans - after a mooch around the shops we walked down to Verulamium park, passing the Cathedral on the way. 






We also passed Ye Olde Fighting Cocks which currently holds the Guinness World Record for being the oldest pub in England.  I haven't been in but it is such an interesting shape from the outside.  Seemingly there are underground tunnels leading to the Cathedral that Monks used.



We also saw a bit of a Roman Wall.  It is amazing that something that old is still standing today.


Last week when Sister and Nieces were down I made some Ice Cream Cupcakes.   These are the same as the Olympic Torches I made last year except I kept the icing white and added a flake!  I find with these that you do have to eat them as soon as you have made them otherwise the cones go soft.  Therefore I used 6 cone cases (for the six of us) and 6 normal cupcake cases - the normal ones can be stored in a tin and eaten another day.


Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke feat. T.I. and Pharrell Williams
2. Wake me up - Avicii
3. Treasure - Bruno Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment