Friday 27 September 2013

Friday Fun - Sloe Gin

Whilst chatting with Father In Law about foraging (after my bramble haul) I mentioned sloes - he said there were several in the woods at the bottom of their garden.   I was all set to pick them next time I went round; however, as if by magic Hubby appeared on Saturday with a huge bag of them that Father In Law had kindly picked for me.   I was going to make sloe vodka, as I don't like gin, but after speaking to Sister she assured me that it doesn't taste of gin as it completely transforms into a delicious liqueur. 

I used the recipe from the River Cottage Handbook.



It couldn't be easier - sloes, sugar and gin!




I now have to leave it till Christmas but the recipe states that the longer you leave it the better it will taste.    If I can manage to  keep it and not drink it, I just need to remove the sloes after 3 months. (Yikes, that will be Christmas Eve!)


Even since Tuesday the colour is a deep plum colour after shoogling every few days.

Have a lovely weekend.

Bakebakegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment