Monday 16 December 2013

Monday Bake - Chocolate Spiced Ginger Cake

Earlier in the year FriendD said she would like to go to the Royal Albert Hall and would I go with her to see something.  She is my theatre buddy and we have been to see so many shows since we started working together.   We decided to book a Christmassy one - Jingle Bells Christmas.

 
 
 
 
We had excellent seats in the Second Tier.  It was like our own little box.  Other people around had decorated their area with fairy lights! 

 
 
 
 
It was great fun and we were singing and clapping along to lots of Christmas songs, like Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree, I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday and Baby It's Cold Outside.

Afterwards, we went for a wander along Regents Street and Oxford Street to see the Christmas lights (which I think are the same as last year!) 

I almost forgot - when we arrived at Kings Cross yesterday morning they were filming.  I couldn't see anybody famous but they had completely transformed the platform to the forties.  Somebody said it was for the sequel to The Woman In Black.  The scene had two nurses in it so I will have to look out for that!


Today I made Chocolate Spice Gingerbread.  The house smelt amazing while this was baking in the oven, very Christmassy.   


Today's top three Christmas songs:

1. Mary's Boy Child/Oh My Lord - Boney M
2. It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year - Andy Williams
3. Sleigh Ride - The Ronettes

1 comment: