Monday 3 March 2014

Monday Bake - Flourless Lemon and Polenta Drizzle Cake


There has been a definite improvement in the weather - with sunshine (in between the rain showers) and bright blue skies.  Snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils are popping up in the garden - warmer weather is on its way.  My shopping bag today was very spring like - including some lemons for pancake day tomorrow and a bunch of gorgeous daffodils.

This week is my turn for cake club - so going on the lemon theme I made a lemon polenta cake from this month's Good Food magazine.  You can find a similar recipe here. In the main cake I used the juice and zest of two blood oranges and for the drizzle I used lemon juice. 


I like the pink tinge the blood oranges have given the sponge.

Minibakebakegirl was my chief taste tester tonight and has given it the seal of approval to take to work tomorrow!  I didn't have a piece today as I had had apple crumble for pudding :o)

Have a good week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Radio 2 songs:

1. Moonlight Feels Right - Starbuck
2. Dance Your Pain Away - Agnetha
3. Shout To The Top - The Style Council

No comments:

Post a Comment