Monday 24 February 2014

Monday No Bake - Cake Pops


 

I have labeled this as a No Bake post as my recipe uses up left over cake.  But you can make your own sponge especially for cake pops if you want to!  

A few weeks back, I make the teeny tiny Lamington sponge - and put it in the freezer.  So last night I put it in the fridge ready to make cake pops this morning. These quantities make 12 cake pops.

Ingredients:
240g sponge
120g buttercream
100g chocolate

Method:
Whizz the sponge in a food processor (or break up by hand) until it resembles breadcrumbs.  Mix in the buttercream and bind everything together.  Roll into small balls and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.  Using a cake pop stick make a small hole in each one.  Place in the fridge to firm up for at least an hour.  Melt the chocolate. Dip a stick in the chocolate and then stick in the cake ball.  Place back in the fridge for about 10 mins.  Then dip the whole cake pop in the chocolate allowing the excess to run off.  You can either stand the pops upright in a block of polestyrene or upside down on the greaseproof lined tray.  I have fashioned a stand out of a supermarket cardboard cake stand that I have punched some holes in.



Today was CatK's first time of going outside.  We went for a wander round the garden together for a little bit, then he jumped up on the shed and was off into my neighbour's garden.  I went back inside to do some housework, but I kept looking into the garden to see if I could spot him!  After a bit he come back in :o)  But not for long as he wanted back out again.  He was out for hours and came in about 3pm for a sleep!  I did ask him where he had been, but he didn't disclose any information!


Thanks for visiting, 
Bakebakegirl.

Todays top three Spotify Songs;

1. Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz
2. Frozen - Madonna
3. Linger - The Cranberries

No comments:

Post a Comment