Monday 17 February 2014

Monday Review - Edinburgh


Today the weather has been a bit grey. Yesterday the weather in Edinburgh was gorgeous. Cold but with clear blue skys. My sister and I spent all day indoors on a craft workshop - what a lovely day it was.  We were learning how to make a cathedral window cushion.  I plan to do a full Thursday Makes post soon, but here is a sneaky peek.


Today we went for a wander round town.  One of the things I love about Edinburgh is the different street levels.  It's hard to explain so I have taken some pictures.




Another thing I love is the mix of modern architecture in with old buildings.



We ended up at Lovecrumbs for coffee and cake.  They have a wardrobe of cake! We were there about 4pm and there was still a good selection.


I had the chocolate and violet cake, Sister had the Orange and Bergamot cake and the girls had chocolate brownies.  Massive slices of cake but very light - gorgeous.  Our table was an old piano :o)

Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three songs:

1. Liquid Spirit - Gregory Porter
2. Gloria - Laura Branigan
3. The Living Daylights - A-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment