Monday 10 February 2014

Monday Inspiration - Cappuccino Squares


As part of my christmas present, Hubby had bought me tickets to see Strictly Come Dancing The Live Tour on Saturday, which also happened to be my birthday!   I have been to the tour once before several years ago at Wembley Arena, but this time it was at the O2.


I really enjoyed it, it was great to see Abbey's salsa to You Should Be Dancing again and also Susanna and Kevin's Paso.  Each night on the tour the audience votes for their winner.  I wanted Abbey to win, but on our night it was Natalie.  Her and Artem did the Jive that they were meant to do the week she was ill.  Len said that was the best jive he had seen on Strictly- but for me nothing will beat Jill Halfpenny's jive from Series 2!

Today I made Cappuccino Squares from Rachel Allen's book "Cake" to take into work tomorrow.   My MotherinLaw finds it odd that when it is your birthday you have to take cakes in for everybody - surely it should be the other way round!!  This recipe uses Camp coffee and it makes a light sponge however, not a very strong coffee taste. 


Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify Songs:

1. Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters
2. Rockstar - Nickleback
3. Ironic - Alanis Morissette





  


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun night, i think some else should make you a cake on your birthday. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete