Sunday 13 July 2014

Monday Bake - Mini Banana Loaves



It was such a lovely evening tonight, Minibakebakegirl and I went to the allotment with Hubby.  I hadn't been down this year so Hubby gave me a tour, lots of yummy veg to look forward to.

I bought some mini loaf cases months ago for a recipe I saw in a magazine.  I can't find the recipe nor remember what it was - something coconutty I think.....but on the back of the loaf cases packet was a recipe for mini banana loaves so I decided to make these to use up some sad looking bananas.  

Ingredients:
250g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch salt
115g butter
115g dark brown soft sugar
2 eggs - beaten
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
500g mashed banana

Method
Preheat the oven to 180c/Fan 170c/GM4.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, bicarb, cinnamon and salt.  In a separate bowl, ceeam together the butter and brown sugar.  Stir in the eggs and mashed banana. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture, stir until just combined.  Pour into the loaf cases - about halfway up.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of each loaf comes out clean. Leave to cool.





These are perfect to pack in a picnic or lunchbox.

Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Ipod songs:
1. Shape - Sugababes
2. Message In A Bottle - The Police
3. Walking On The Moon - The Police

No comments:

Post a Comment