Monday 12 January 2015

Monday Bake - Gooey Date and Stem Ginger Pudding


Sometimes you have to buy that one ingredient for a recipe.  For me over Christmas that was Stem Ginger for my Christmas pudding.   So this weekend I went in search of another recipe to use it in - didn't have to look far as my new Rachel Allen book had a recipe for Gooey Date and Stem Ginger pudding, you can find the recipe here.  A perfect for pudding after Sunday dinner.  Soft spongey top, slightly chewy round the edges with a lovely sauce on the bottom.



We had it with Mackies Vanilla ice cream - gorgeous - just as well as that is the only flavour I can get down here!

In the top picture I also have the leftovers of a bottle of dessert wine, again from my Christmas pudding - if anybody can suggest other recipes to use this up - please let me know! It's far too sweet for me to drink.

Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Love Plus One - Haircut 100
2. Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
3. Never Tear Us Apart - INXS

1 comment:

  1. Hello, thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe. it looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete