Monday 23 February 2015

Monday Inspiration - Carrot Cake


What a lovely birthday week I have had :o)   I am classing it as a week as Hubby took me out last Saturday and then my actual birthday was yesterday!!   The above photo was taking this morning on my walk into town - such a gorgeous blue sky!




Hubby had bought me a red velvet birthday cake - we had some yesterday morning, it was delicious.  Minibakebakegirl had just got up so she had some for her breakfast!! 



Last Tuesday I went with FriendD to see Cats at The London Palladium.   Nicole Scherzinger plays Grizabella - She only sang Memory  (twice) but boy she has an amazing voice.  During the interval, Old Dueteronomy sat on the stage, and signed programmes and spoke to the theatre goers.   I had never seen this before,  we were in the Royal Circle so I couldn't see if people were just going up or whether this was a pre-booked thing, but I think more theatres should do this.


For Christmas Hubby had given me tickets for Strictly Come Dancing The Live Tour, I went last year on my birthday and did the same again this year.   This year I took Minibakebakegirl, we decided to have a Mummy and Mini day so I let her choose what to do in the afternoon and she chose Camden Market.  We went to Camden back in 2013 with Sister and Nieces.    It was a lovely sunny day yesterday, a wee bit cold but it was great to wander round all the lovely stalls and wee shops.   











Then we headed to the 02.   The show was good.   Len hadn't done the other shows due to a knee operation but he did do the 2 days at the 02 - I love Len!  Also there was no Bruno, instead Camilla Dallerup and Tom Chambers who won it in 2008 were on the judging panel.   Zoe Ball didn't host on our night which was a shame - I love Zoe!  Instead we had Lisa Riley, who did it last year.   I really enjoyed seeing Simon and Christina's amazing Argentine Tango and Caroline did her charleston with Tristan which was excellent.   You can text vote on the night and we voted for Caroline, she came second to Simon.




                        

As with tradition I did some baking today to take into work tomorrow.  I made Fay Ripley's carrot cake from her What's for Dinner book and Mary Berry's lemon drizzle traybake.     These are both really easy "throw it all in a bowl and mix it up" recipes.

Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Memory - Elaine Page
2. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
3. Night Fever - Bee Gees

No comments:

Post a Comment