Monday 8 October 2012

Monday Inspiration - Sticky Toffee Pudding

 
I have been away this weekend with 4 friends staying in FriendV's holiday home in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park.   We had such a beautiful weekend - the weather was fantastic.  Bright blue skys and lots of sunshine.  We did 2 large walks and  lots of chatting and laughing - it was really good to spend a good chunk of time together but the time went too quickly.  I shared a room with BestFriend and we realised we hadn't done that since the night before her wedding....14 years ago!


FriendS brought a bag of Mojito to have before dinner - what a great idea for a party - seemingly they do Cosmopolitans too - so may have to pop to Asda to investigate..... 


With pudding on Saturday night we tried Chocolate Wine.   I really liked it, more like sherry than wine, smells of chocolate, very sweet but with the chocolate taste at the end.  (Good grief - what an awful description - I am no Jilly Goolden!) 


As I was travelling back from Edinburgh today my baking comes from last week.  I made Lorraine Pascals sticky toffee pudding from her Baking Made Easy book. I used this recipe as I wanted to use the pudding tins I bought for nigellas Chocolate Baby Cakes and made individual portions.    However I found this recipe filled 8 pudding tins - so I think next time I will half the quantities.  The sauce is gorgeous and a perfect amount though!  It was a good recipe and everyone enjoyed it!  I usually make one large sticky toffee cake (sometimes Rachel Allens chocolate one - yum!)

 

Finally here are some more pictures from my weekend away - hope to see you next week.  (If you double click on the first picture you can scroll through them.)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

This weekends top radio songs:

1. Gangnam Style - Psy
2. Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
3. Where is The Love - Black Eyed Peas
  

1 comment: