Monday 22 October 2012

Monday No Bake - Chocolate Dipped Honeycomb


 
I love halloween/bonfire night.  When I was a teenager BestFriends Aunt and Uncle would have a party every year and I loved the fireworks and the food!  Baked potatoes,  sausages, BestFriends mums slab cake....ooooh I must seek out a recipe for that! 

In this months Sainsburys magazine I spied a recipe for Chocolate dipped Honeycomb.  I have never made this before but felt the wizardry bit of the reaction of the bicarbonate of soda would interest Minibakebakegirl!

Ingredients:
25g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
100g plain chocolate

Method:
Line a 20x30 cm baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
Gently heat the sugars and the golden syrup in a medium pan, stirring until the sugar has melted.  Bubble vigorously for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda and see the mixture froth up.  Immediately pour onto the lined baking tray.  Leave to cool.

Melt the chocolate in a small bowl.

Break the honeycomb into shards and dip the ends in the melted chocolate. Set in the fridge.  Store in an airtight container.

Please be careful if you make this as the molten sugar is very hot - I burnt my finger....but we did oooooh when it frothed up like magic!

 
 
 
This is yummy - far too moreish and didn't last long in our house!

Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Spotify songs;

1. Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr
2. Devil Inside - INXS
3. Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wanna see the bubbles too! My girls will love this thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete