Monday 4 March 2013

Monday Inspiration - Spring Cupcakes


Last Tuesday I went to see The Bodyguard with FriendD.  Oh my goodness, it was amazing, you must go and see it if you get the chance.  FriendD was basing her opinion of the show on who was playing the Kevin Costner role and we were both impressed with Lloyd Owen.  The Whitney character had a great voice and we both thought the sister had an excellent voice.  I want to see it again!

It definitely felt like more spring like today - the sun shone for most of the day and the temperature has increased slightly!

So today I made some daisy cupcakes - I have made these before and shown them on twitter but not put them on my blog and today seemed like a perfect day to make them again.

I'm not sure where I first saw these but they are so simple to make, a little bit fiddly - just a little patience is required.

You will need:
12 plain cupcakes
Mini marshmallows - snipped in half diagonally lengthways 
Orange chocolate buttons 
A small bowl of buttercream

Spread the top of each cup cake with enough buttercream to stick the marshmallows to.

I usually start by putting the chocolate orange button in the centre and then stick the cut marshmallows around for the petals for one row - cut side up.  Then for the next row stick a marshmallow in between each of the first row, keep going until the top of the cupcake is covered in petals.


Hope to see you next week.  I am back up in Edinburgh on Friday.  FriendS who has been living in Vietnam since August 2011 is over for 3 weeks, so all the girls are getting together on Saturday.  I'm staying with BestFriend and then Sister so another busy weekend to look forward to.

Todays top three radio songs:

1. Cut, Copy Me - Petula Clark
2. Sticks and Stones - Arlissa
3. 50 Ways To Say Goodbye - Train

3 comments:

  1. Wow amazingly pretty cupcakes :) but The Bodyguard - really! ;/ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cup cakes look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of your cakes but unfortunately i'm far from patience when it comes to baking.

    ReplyDelete