Thursday 18 December 2014

Monday Bake - Butterscotch Date Cake



We visited the Christmas Tree Festival on Saturday, here are past years, here and here. Like past years the knitted one is one of my favourites.   I also liked the Strictly themed one, one covered in home made owls , one with real china cups and the poppy one. Everyone who visits gets a voting slip and this years winner was the knitted one!  it really must take all year to do.





Yesterday I made a Butterscotch date cake.  This is another not too christmassy cake but looks quite impressive with its little chocolate stars. 



Last christmas I got this really cute plate from SisterinLaw - almost too pretty to cover up - I can fully appreciate it when I had eaten my slice of cake!




The loaf cake without the icing would be great served warm with vanilla ice cream and toffee sauce - yum!

Next Monday will be my last blog post before christmas!  Hope to see you then.

Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Christmas songs:

1. Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys
2. Lonely This Christmas - Mud
3. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment