Monday 30 March 2015

Monday Bake - Lime and Coconut Drizzle Cake

Another drizzle cake I hear you say!  Yep and this one is a goodie.   The recipe is in this months Sainsburys magazine and is by Ed Kimber.   You can find the recipe here.   I fancied trying this after Victoria Woods traybake on the Great British Comic Relief Bake off.  You can find her recipe here - which I will definitely make over easter. This is a really good cake for several reasons, really light and fluffy, but mostly that it contains coconut milk.   I make a gorgeous thai butternut squash soup which uses part of a can of coconut milk so this is a great way to use up the rest.    Several recipes I do have cooking partners.   Recipes with left over egg whites always become meringues.   Recipes with left over egg yolks become homemade ice cream, as does left over condensed milk.  I hate waste.




I went to see Made In Dagenham at the theatre last week.  Me and FriendD really enjoyed it - it was very funny and Gemma Arterton was excellent.  I haven't seen the film so I may watch that over easter too.

Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. That Man - Caro Emerald
2. Merry Happy - Kate Nash
3. Secret - Pierces



No comments:

Post a Comment