Monday 16 March 2015

Monday Bake - Shortbread

Being Scottish I feel I should have a go-to shortbread recipe, however, each time I fancy making it I seem to try a different recipe.   This WI recipe was in the Daily Mail Saturday magazine a few weeks ago.

Ingredients:
200g plain flour
50g caster sugar
100g butter, cubed

Method:
Preheat the oven to 160c/GM 3.
Sift the flour into a bowl.  Stir in the sugar and rub the butter in until the mixture comes together.  Press into a 7inch square tin and bake for 12-15 minutes or until pale golden. Cut into fingers.

We had some with icecream for pudding on Sunday.  




I was very excited, as usually I can only get Mackies Vanilla icecream where I live but Sainsburys have started to stock Honeycomb!!  Hopefully they will do their other flavours soon too!

Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Dreamer - Supertramp
2. Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp
3. Over My Shoulder - Mike and the Mechanics

No comments:

Post a Comment