Monday 9 July 2012

Monday Inspiration - Lemon Meringue Cup Cakes


I love all things lemony! Lemon drizzle cake, lemon tart, sherbet lemons (even though they cut my mouth), lemon possett, the list is endless!   I saw a recipe for lemon meringue cupcakes in my Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook and couldn't wait to try it out. 
The buns were easy to make, the recipe states it makes 12-16 but it made 20.


The meringue involved getting the sugar to the soft ball stage - time to use my jam thermometer.


Adding the boiling sugar to the frothy egg whites and then whisking until glossy and voluminous!




Scooping out a bit of the cupcake and adding lemoncurd. Then putting the meringue on top and blasting with a cooks blow torch!  




I would make this recipe again - maybe halving the quantities - especially as it means I get to use my cooks blow torch!!!

Next week there is a special blog post as it's going to be by Minibakebakegirl.

Bakebakegirl

Today's top three random Ipod songs:

1. Green Grass - I Am Arrows
2. House Of Fun - Madness
3. Ray Of Light - Madonna

No comments:

Post a Comment