Monday 2 July 2012

Monday Bake - Gluten Free Cupcakes

Every wednesday a work friend and I would share a slice of cake from the staff restaurant, then the quality of the cakes went downhill rapidly.   My work friend who also loves baking said to me "we can do better than this" and Cake Club was formed.  There are 5 of us now and one is my friend who is coeliac.   I have a few gluten free recipes such as my brownies but these use ground almonds instead of flour.  This week I decided to try out some gluten free flour and make some cupcakes.  I used Doves Farm.

The recipe came from Goodtoknow.   It was a case of putting all the ingredients in one bowl and whisking until smooth.   As the recipe says the mixture was very runny but I was pleasantly surprised that once baked they had risen!!!

                   
                                                                          (This photo shows how clean
                                                                 and shiny my new oven is! )

I made bright blue buttercream (not the one from the recipe) and then Minibakebakegirl and I went to work decorating them - edible glitter was required.

                   


They taste good, not too dry, I will make them for Cake Club when it is my week but maybe with less garish decorations!

Todays top three random Ipod songs:

1. Asereje - Las Ketchup
2. Hey Ya - Outcast
3. 9-5 - Dolly Parton

2 comments:

  1. Hello, just to let you know, I nominated you for the liebster blog award. Check out my blog for details :D x

    ReplyDelete