Monday 11 November 2013

Monday Bake - Lemon Drizzle Traybake

I have tried to teach myself to crochet using Youtube - there are some great tutorials on there, but each time I tried I quickly gave up and went back to knitting.   Hubby spotted that the pub in town were holding a crochet workshop. I quickly signed up as I decided I needed a person to show me! 

On the night there were twelve of us, plus the crochet teacher, two mums from Minibakebakegirl's primary school, CrochetFriendS and CrochetFriendR were there which was nice.   I was taught the basics: foundation chain and double crochet.   I wont show you my first attempt (!), but when I got home I did this.


I have picked up my hook a few times but I am still to find a comfortable way to hold the wool and hook so I haven't quite been converted yet!


CrochetFriendS invited us round to hers for coffee and crochet today.  I made Mary Berry's Lemon Drizzle Traybake to take with me.  This is a really easy recipe as you just put everything in the mixer - mix for a few minutes and pour into the prepared tin - bake for 40 minutes, then pour over the syrup and leave to cool.  A lovely light cake. 

 
I had a lovely afternoon - I did more chatting than crocheting but CrochetFriendS showed me how to do treble crochet and also suggested a pattern on the Attic24 blog to practice this - I will hopefully have crocheted something by Christmas!

Hope to see you next week,

Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Spotify songs:

1. Calling Your Name - Marilyn
2. The Honeythief - Hipsway
3. Golden Green - The Wonder Stuff

1 comment: