Monday 25 November 2013

Monday Review - London and Dr Who


On Sunday Minibakebakegirl, Hubby and Nephew1 headed to the Doctor Who Convention.  Here's Minibakebakegirl to tell you about it:

So as you may know the Doctor Who 50th anniversary was on Saturday, and I was lucky enough to go the Sunday convention with my Dad and cousin. I’m a MASSIVE fan of Doctor Who and the 50th anniversary episode was absolutely fantastic (Christopher Eccleston reference). My favourite doctor is Tom Baker as he is the coolest human being alive and has the best smile in the world.

I had to get up at 6:00am which was a big struggle. We had to get four trains to get to the ExCel arena.  There were 8,000 people at the convention and we had to be split into two groups. The groups were Ice Warriors and Weeping Angels. We were Ice Warriors.  

There were three shows going on throughout the day, The SFX Show, Regenerations and The Eleventh Hour. The shows were amazing. The shop was very busy but it had so much awesome stuff. We got a brochure, stamped penny and a T-shirt.  


So while they were there I headed into London a little later for a bit of a wander with a plan to meet them for dinner later.

I headed to Selfridges first - I love their Christmas windows and this year they were fab.  Here are my two favourites.

 
 
 
I then headed to Liberty.  Their Christmas shop on the top floor is amazing.  I had a quick look in the haberdashery floor where 4 men had found seats to sit in while their wives had a look around!

 

 
 
 
Walking past the London Palladium I saw Olly Murs meeting his fans.  I then headed to Islington to visit the knitting shop Loop.   So many yummy (and expensive) wools to look at - didn't dare do any squishing....  the shop was smaller than I imagined but the staff seemed very friendly and helpful.


My last stop of the day was to Paul for a coffee and a well earned sit down before heading off to meet the others.


See you next week for the first of my Christmas recipe blog posts.
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Doctor! Doctor! - Thompson Twins 
2. Living In A Box - Living In A Box
3. Who Do You Think You Are? - The Spice Girls



 

No comments:

Post a Comment