Monday 18 November 2013

Monday Inspiration - Caramel Cake Pops and Pudsey Cup Cakes



I have wanted to make cake pops for ages, I bought the sticks months ago and then my friend gave me some leftover madeira cake from a shaped cake she had made.  In the Autumn Good Ideas magazine there was a recipe for caramel cake pops.

Minibakebakegirl made the balls of cake, which was the cake mixed with a runny caramel, which we left to set overnight in the fridge.


The next day I made the caramel.  The recipe stated to work quickly - dipping the pops in the caramel......




However, I didn't work quickly enough, as you can see from the front 3!!! The one on the right didnt get any coating as the caramel had turned to a sandy texture at the bottom of the pan.


Minibakebakegirl and Hubby gave them the thumbs up though.
 
On Friday my work had a cake trolley to raise money for Children In Need so I made some Pudsey Cupcakes.
 
 
 
See you next week,
 
Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Spotify songs:

1. Counting Stars - One Republic
2. Loving You - Matt Cardle & Melanie C
3. Let Her Go - Passenger


2 comments:

  1. Love the look of your cupcakes, I have no luck with cake pops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try some other recipes to use up my sticks - maybe chocolate dipped ones :o)

      Delete