Monday 4 November 2013

Monday Review - Edinburgh Part 2

We are back home after a busy week in Edinburgh which included a lot of eating and drinking (no complaints there!)

On Tuesday I had a #twitknit mini meet with @Mhairigirl at Loudens.  I went for coffee here last February. It was lovely to see @Mhairigirl  especially as she is having a #twitknit baby! (due in April); as @faithyb33 said we are going to be Twitter Aunties!   So exciting - I've not knitted anything baby-sized before! *quickly logs onto Ravelery and is not seen for hours*

I'm back!  On Wednesday Minibakebakegirl, Sister and I went to Dirleton Castle The castle is great with lots of stairs to climb and rooms to explore.   






We headed back to the car to go to North Berwick for lunch, however, Sister's car had a flat tyre which wouldn't pump up.  So while we waited for the recovery truck to arrive we had lunch at the Castle Inn.  Sister and I both had the chowder, which was delicious and choc full of fish.  Minibakebakegirl had the salmon which didn't last long, so must have been good.  The recovery truck took us to Haddington where the tyre was fixed and we were able to drive home.

On Wednesday night I met up with BestFriend, FriendV and FriendK for dinner.   We went to Chaophraya.  We had the Asian platter to start which was really good, the meat was so tender, then I had the crispy pork belly with Thai basil - amazing!   We sat in the main restaurant so next time we go it would be good to sit on the roof terrace - with a view of the castle. 

As part of my birthday last February Hubby had bought me a spa day to use with my Sister.  So we went on Thursday - afterwards feeling totally recharged and refreshed we went to Iris for dinner.  I had the duck with raspberries and Drambuie - which was absolutely delicious.  I had the chocolate beetroot cake for pudding - yum!




I really liked the wall decoration in the toilet!

On Friday we were going to go to the Palace of Holyroodhouse as Niece2 had won a family ticket in a competition, however, the Duke of York was in residence and it was closed, so we went to Edinburgh Castle instead.  Being Historic Scotland/English Heritage members means we get free entry, so we just did the Scottish National War Memorial, the Scottish Crown Jewels and then went for coffee at The Tea Rooms. 







Not the best picture but Sister and I shared a plum slice and a piece of millionaire shortbread.   It was good to get out of the wind and warm up as the weather turned much colder on Friday.  It was lovely and sunny and there was such a beautiful sunset that evening.



Now for a bit of a detox as I can't believe it will soon be the party season!!!

See you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Todays top three Spotify songs:

1. Bulletproof - La Roux
2. Don't Upset The Rhythm - Noisettes
3. Royals - Lorde

No comments:

Post a Comment