Monday 6 January 2014

Monday Bake - Coffee Banana Buns

 
Coffee cake is one of my all time favourites and I don't think I have made a coffee cake on my blog before.  I make Nigellas Italian Breakfast Banana bread a lot; however it isn't on her website so I can't blog it - but you can find the recipe in her Nigellissima book.  It's great with some butter spread on top.   Hubby thinks this is an odd thing to do but I love butter on  this and gingerbread!

 
 
I decided to tinker with a basic recipe and have come up with these coffee and banana buns.  Sometimes I just have the one over ripe banana and I have found adding it to a basic cupcake recipe is a great way to use it up.  This recipe either makes 12 small or 9 large buns - which is what I have done here.

Ingredients:
100g margarine
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 mashed banana
125g self raising flour
1 tbsp instant espresso powder.

Method:
Line a muffin tray with paper cases (12 fairy cases or 9 muffin cases)

Cream the margarine and sugar together until fluffy, add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each one.  Add the vanilla extract and banana and beat again.  Sift in the self raising flour and espresso powder and fold in.

Divide between the cases and bake for about 15mins for the small or 20 mins for the large buns.

Allow to cool in the tin.

Delicious - perfect for a mid morning snack with a cup of coffee.

 
 

Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Hey Brother - Avicii
2. Happy - Pharrell Williams
3. Ordinary World - Duran Duran

No comments:

Post a Comment