Monday 2 June 2014

Monday Bake - Cheese and Ham Bread Pudding




Last Tuesday Minibakebakegirl and I went up to The View from the Shard.  The weather wasn't great but we still had a really good view across London (better that it looks in my photos as the camera on my phone focused on the raindrops on the windows)  When you book you get a half hour arrival time slot but once you are up at the top you can spend as long as you like up there.   I was imagining it to be like whizzing up to the top of the Stratosphere Tower in Las Vegas but to get the top you get two separate lifts - my ears did pop in the second one.  There are two viewing platforms, one indoors and one partly outdoors - which you can see here.





 






I realised that I have probably only blogged about a couple of savoury bakes on here.  I make several things for dinner that are "baked" in the oven so I will start to include them in my Monday Bakes.   

At the start of every year I try to do one new recipe for tea a week.   It gets us out of the "same things on the same night of the week" routine. Also when Minibakebakegirl was smaller I found this got her to try new things by saying we hadn't tried it either, and then voting afterwards whether we would have it again.
I made this Cheese and Ham Bread Pudding a few months ago.  
You can find the recipe here.  It is so easy to make - we had it on a night Minibakebakegirl was at a friends, therefore there was lots for leftovers to be reheated for lunch the next day.  It is really tasty - even though I forgot to put the tomatoes in - I would reduce the quantities next time as even though my dish was the right size I did have to squash everything in.  I love spinach - Hubby is growing some at the allotment again this year.


Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Feeling Good - Muse
2. Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
3. Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega, DNA

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like the sound of that, I'm might have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete