Monday 16 June 2014

Monday Review - Cambridge


Today I popped to Cambridge to do some shopping.  It's easy for me to get the train, there is a good range of shops and I love the old buildings and wee streets - watch out for the cyclists - they are speedy!






I have worked out a really good route which takes in all my favourite shops but today I was on a Minibakebakegirl birthday shopping mission.  I had completed this by late morning and was ready for a cup of coffee and a sit down!  My only criticism of Cambridge town centre is there aren't many independent coffee shops (or are they hiding?!)  I really like to support the independents when I can.   As I was looking for somewhere new for coffee I remembered that when Sister and Nieces were down at Easter we had found Stickybeaks, however there were no spare seats for us that day.   But today I had timed it just right and someone was leaving just as I arrived.



They have a good selection of cakes and pastries.   I had the passionfruit crunch cake (which I think was gluten free)  It was really light - and a very large slice.   The croissants looked delicious and were enormous! (next time)  My cappuccino was really good and I was glad I had chosen the large.  Their lunch menu has a good range and they also have a daily specials board.   I need to visit again.

Thanks for visiting
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Your Song - Elton John
2. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
3. Blue Eyes - Elton John

No comments:

Post a Comment