Monday 9 June 2014

Monday Bake - Spanish Chocolate Cake

Time for a CatK update me thinks!  Minibakebakegirl takes some really good pictures of him, so I thought I would share a few with you on here.  He does love being outside - he is the talk of the street having been in several of our neighbours houses!   Minibakebakegirl has said a few times he smells of perfume when he comes home....







I made a Spanish chocolate cake a few weeks ago - the recipe was in Sainsbury's magazine.

Ingredients:
125g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100 ground almonds
175g caster sugar
3 large eggs
200ml olive oil
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
100ml fresh orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180c/160 fan/GM 4. Line a loaf tin.

Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir in the ground almonds and caster sugar.  Make a well in the centre.  add the beaten eggs, olive oil, orange zest and juice and vanilla extract.  Mix to a smooth batter.

Pour into the tin and bake for about 1 hour 10 mins (cover loosely with a sheet of baking paper after 50 minutes), until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack.



I made this cake when I had just had my oven professionally cleaned (worth every penny) - we had Yorkshire puddings with tea that night so I took a picture of them too as the door of my oven was sparkling and I could see them rising perfectly!


Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
2. Little Talks - Of Monsters And Men
3. We Are Young - Fun.


1 comment:

  1. Your kitty cat is so very cute, love the sound of the cake.

    ReplyDelete