Monday 10 November 2014

Monday Bake - Cinder Toffee Apple Flapjack

Mmmmmmmm - the title of this weeks bake just makes me go mmmmmmmm!

I spotted this recipe of twitter, however I can't seem to find a link to it - so I took a screenshot of the recipe by NEFF.



I replaced the nuts with raisins.  Minibakebakegirl and I enjoyed the whoosh when she added the bicarb to the caramel.

                        

Today was CatK's first visit to the vets.  He hadn't been in his carrier since we brought him home from the Cats Protection, so about a week ago we put it in the living room and put one of his blankets inside.   Over the week he did go inside it and quite a few times he slept in it.   This morning we managed to get him inside it by putting some treats at the back, once he was fully inside we then attached the front.   He miaowed a lot during the car journey there.  Once at the vets - there was silence - too many dogs in the waiting room!  He was a star at the vets - he let her do all the checks, I held him for his booster but we all came away unscathed - phew!    

                         

He is snoozing on his bed as I type.
Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl
Todays top three Spotify songs:
1. Hand Held in Black and White - Dollar
2. Here Comes The Rain Again - Eurythmics
3. Johnny and Mary - Robert Palmer

1 comment:

  1. The flapjack looks great and I'm glad CatK is ok! He's a beaut! :D

    ReplyDelete