Tuesday 18 November 2014

Monday Review - Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park


This weekend I went to FriendV's holiday cottage in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.  We went two years ago,  this time there were 6 of us.   The cottage has no signal or wifi and it is just lovely just to spend quality time with my friends, catching up and laughing a lot!     We all lead such busy lives that it's great that we are able to take time out and relax.  






The views are so amazing and again like last time we had great weather.   The Loch looked like just like a mirror. In the photo below it is hard to see where the water is!  It is nice to go at this time of year as the colours are stunning.  



On Monday before coming home I went to Odds and Ends Coffee in Edinburgh with my Sister. 

This is a brand new coffee shop in Polwarth Crescent, which used to be a small supermarket.  It is a wee bit out of the city centre, in between Bruntsfield and Fountainbridge, but definitely worth a visit.  There was a good choice of cakes and pastries - the pastries were enormous!     Sister and I spotted something called an Apple Bomb - and I'm not sure how to describe it; like a very light, almost hollow doughnut, filled with pieces of cooked apple and cinnamon custard and a chocolate stalk.  It was massive so we shared.   It was gorgeous, very light and as I love cinnamon - it was a big hit with me!  I loved the retro cups and saucers. 
  


Thanks for visiting;
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. American Pie - Don McLean
2. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
3. Piano Man - Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment