Monday 3 November 2014

Monday Review - Dunbar and Glasgow

We are back home after a lovely week in Edinburgh.  

On Thursday Sister, Minibakebakegirl and I went to Dunbar in East Lothian.  We had coffee at the 1650 cafe when we arrived, a wander round the little independent shops and round the harbour, we saw two seals, and then had lunch at Graze.









After lunch we walked to where the outdoor swimming pool used to be.  







My Sister remembered there are photos of a beauty pagent that my Mum and Dad must have gone to in the 60's - this photo of a photo shows the outdoor pool.


On Saturday Sister and I spent the day shopping in Glasgow.   It has been years since I last went to Glasgow - I think the last time was before Hubby and I were married - which must be over 16 years ago....

We got the train through - our plan was to visit Kelvingrove Art Gallery but we as I had booked afternoon tea for us at 4pm we felt we didn't have enough time - we plan to visit there in February.

We had lunch at The Willow Tearooms.  I had the cullen skink soup with oatcakes which was very tasty.    The cakes in the cabinet looked delicious - might have to go again in February!





We shopped till we dropped at Blythwood Square for afternoon tea.   I had booked this for Sister's birthday.   It was lovely - we scoffed all the sandwiches and scones and then started on the cakes.   However, we were saving the best two till last but we couldn't manage them, our waiter did box them up for us to take home, we managed them later and they were the best two!!



Almond Tart 
Lemon drizzle cake
Raspberry and pink peppercorn macaroon
Chocolate brownie 
Mini chocolate and caramel eclair

Hope you have a good week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Army Dreamers - Kate Bush
2. The Man With The Child in His Eyes - Kate Bush
3. Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush


No comments:

Post a Comment