Monday 27 October 2014

Monday Bake - Millionaire Shortbread



Minibakebakegirl and I arrived in Edinburgh on Saturday.  We stayed at BestFriends on Saturday night, BestFriend and I had our usual horror film fest - watching Wolf Creek and Friday The 13th (2009).  We also watched Just Friends which is really funny!

We went for a walk on Sunday at Harlaw Reservoir near The Pentland Hills.  The weather wasn't great so we mostly walked through the woods where it was a bit sheltered - it was very windy and it certainly woke us all up.

Today Sister, BrotherinLaw, Minibakebakegirl and I went for lunch at The Fountain.  This has has a complete revamp from the dodgy looking pub I remember from when I lived in Edinburgh!   I had the steak ciabatta, MBBG had a cheese deli board - we really enjoyed it. For pudding us girlies had Lucas ice-cream - an Edinburgh Institution!






Last week I made Millionaire shortbread, it does take a bit of effort to make due to it's three parts, especially the 'stirring the caramel' time but it is worth it.  When it changes to the golden caramel colour I do give a bit of a whoop!!  I always associate eating this at BestFriend's Aunt and Uncles firework party along with BestFriend's Mum's Slab cake - which I still need to get the recipe for!



You can find the recipe here.

Yum - my work colleagues enjoyed it!

Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

This weekend's top three Spotify songs:

1. Where Have All The Cowboys Gone? - Paula Cole
2. Waiting for Tonight - Jennifer Lopez
3. Just A Girl - No Doubt






No comments:

Post a Comment