Tuesday 7 October 2014

Monday Inspiration - Pumpkin and Ginger Loaf



On Saturday I went to see The Woman In Black with FriendD.  This is an excellent play, with just two actors and minimal props it really creates a creepy atmosphere with several jumpy moments (someone did scream at one point!)   The Fortune Theatre has to be the smallest theatre I have been in, which I think added to the spookiness!    

The weather in London on Saturday was a bit miserable - it rained non-stop until we went to see the play - so it wasn't really wandering round London weather but perfect sit and chat over a few glasses of wine weather.  We did see the floating building in Covent Garden - which is really clever.  We couldn't see any information around it so we had to google it: it is an installation by Alex Chinneck called Take My Lightning But Don't Steal My Thunder.  It's going to be there for 3 weeks.









Hubby had brought several pumpkins back from the allotment last week.   In this month's Good Food magazine there is a recipe for squidgy pumpkin and ginger loaf.  It turned out really well. I took some into work on Monday not telling them what the secret ingredient was.  I had a slice today with some butter - it is deliciously squidgy! 





With the pumpkin seeds I rinsed and dried them with some kitchen roll.  Then I mixed them with 2 tablespoons of Worcester sauce,1 tablespoon of olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper.   Spread them out on a baking tray and baked them in the oven at 140c/GM1 for 1 hour. Once completely cool these are a yummy savoury snack.



Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Save a Prayer - Duran Duran
2. Rio - Duran Duran
3. The Reflex - Duran Duran

No comments:

Post a Comment