Monday 29 September 2014

Monday Bake - Butterscotch Apple Pudding

It's that time of year again, when I have lots of apples and I'm scouring my cookbooks for apple recipes, like here and here.  Yesterday I made Rachel Allens Butterscotch Apple Pudding.  This is one of those magic puddings where you layer the fruit pour the sponge batter on top and then pour over the liquid which when cooking will transform into a yummy sauce.   This is a great pudding to have with vanilla icecream -  Hubby gave it the thumbs up and I will add to my list of apple recipes.




Last week was a Rachel Allen recipe week and this week was too as I also made her Thai butternut squash soup.   After peeling and chopping our home grown   butternut squash my palms turned bright orange, the skin was very tight, cracked and started to peel away.  Hubby googled it and seemingly this is quite common - there is an enzyme that can cause this reaction.  After washing my hands and moisturing them well, they were fine - just felt a bit odd for the rest of the day.  I have prepared butternut squash lots of times before but I think next time I will wear my rubber gloves!   The soup was delicious with a large slice of granary bread. 




I've also made a start to this year's Innocent Smoothie hats for The Big Knit.  I am going to use up leftovers of other projects in my wool stash.  I love this variegated wool.



Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. The Chamber - Lenny Kravitz
2. American Woman - Lenny Kravitz
3. It Ain't Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz



2 comments:

  1. Mmm.... apple pudding!
    The big Knit!! Yours look fab. So far I've knitted only one - it looks very ugly - but now I am distracted with knitting a teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Look forward to seeing your teddy!

      Delete