Monday 1 September 2014

Monday Bake - Viennese Fingers

My first biscuit making biscuit was a recipe from my Mum and Dad's Readers Digest cookery book - Viennese fingers.   I didn't pipe them in those days - I think I just splodged them onto the baking tray! These light biscuits with their ends dipped in dark chocolate are scrummy and don't last long!!

I don't think I have made these since I left home - FriendS gave me a retro cookbook for Christmas and I used the recipe in there - you can find a similar one here.  These biscuits are very delicate - I broke several while dipping them in the chocolate...just had to eat those ones straight away!



Delicious with a cup of tea or coffee.  I had a couple earlier while I was making a start on some Easter chicks - before you think I have gone mad, yes I know it's September!  My friend volunteers for a hospice that sell the little knitted chicks with Cream Eggs inside.  They ask people to knit the bodies all year round and hand them in - then another group of people sew them up and decorate them - with wee faces and hats!  So I have made a start and hope to have a good pile of bodies for the next time I see her :o)




Feels funny to be knitting again as I have been addicted to my granny squares - my box is getting full!!

Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Smalltown Boy - Bronski Beat
2. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
3. Fantastic Day - Haircut 100



3 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! I always find it strange switching between knitting and crochet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yummy!
    I'm gonna start knitting again soon ... if I can remember how! It has been so long.
    Marian ^_^

    ReplyDelete