Monday 15 September 2014

Monday Bake - Raspberry Ripple Cake



I started on my new team at work last April and what a lovely bunch of people they are. And do you know what?  Like me, they like and eat cake! 

They decided to set me an initiation test!  They gave me a list of the 7 team members and 5 cake choices for me to match up!  Sticky toffee pudding, carrot cake, ginger cake, victoria sponge and cheesecake.  Considering I didn't know everyone I did not too badly - I got two wrong which meant I was tasked with making Sticky Toffee Pudding and a Victoria Sponge.

For the sticky toffee pudding I made this with the cream cheese icing.  For the Victoria Sponge I made The Pink Whisks Raspberry Ripple Cake








This is the second time of making this cake - I didn't think the inside of the cake was very ripply the first time so I added more puree.  It still isn't that ripply inside but the top is very pretty so I didn't cover it up with icing sugar like the recipe said.  

The filling is amazing - I could eat the whole bowl of that on its own.  I think I will made individual puddings with digestive biscuit bases and the cheesecake filling on top for pudding on a Sunday :o)

Thanks for visiting,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three radio songs:

1. Kiss and Not Tell - La Roux
2. Nature's Call - Shaun Escoffey
3. The 'In' Crowd - Gregory Porter




2 comments:

  1. Yum - this cake looks so good! I will have to try the recipe. I'm so excited to have discovered your blog via Handmade Harbour. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO tasty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete