Monday 8 September 2014

Monday Bake - Date, Banana and Rum Loaf

What a busy week!   Minibakebakegirl went back to school on Wednesday - I can't believe the summer holidays are over already - good news is the sun in shining today so I am holding on to the fact it is still summer - late summer.  Autumn can start on the 1 October!


I packed a lot of baking in this week. It was Hubby's birthday on Saturday.   I made a salted caramel layer cake which we shared with family on Saturday afternoon.  Layered birthday cakes seem to be my thing at the moment.




I made a cake for my team on Tuesday - raspberry ripple cake (will do a separate blog post about this next week).  It was my turn for cakeclub this week so on Thursday I made a date, banana and rum loaf. This is a really easy gluten free recipe - with the spices it is quite christmassy so I think I will made it again in December.   I omitted the nuts and added some dried cranberries and only sprinkled the top with brown sugar.  One of my cakeclub friends said it reminded her of bread pudding (which was a good thing she said!) - quite a dense consistency - very fruity.



Hubby then asked me to make 24 cupcakes for him to take into work - 12 chocolate and 12 vanilla - perfect Sunday afternoon - baking in the kitchen listening to my music.



And to end a great week - Strictly is back on - really looking forward to this year's, thought the pairings that were revealed last night were good.

Hope to see you next week,
Bakebakegirl

Today's top three Spotify songs:

1. Angel In Blue Jeans - Train
2. Born to Be Alive - Patrick Hernandez
3. Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil

4 comments:

  1. Oh I will have to try the rum loaf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think it was very rummy - but my friend said it was very!

      Delete
  2. I remember that I have baked this loaf before!!! It is gluten free with no sugar added. Simply amazingly! You are right that this fruitcake like loaf is also very Christmasy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this looks soooo good. I'd love to try it out!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete